*** Updated 02.11.2022 with geth v1.1.17 for BSC.
*** Updated 11.10.2022 with geth v1.1.16 for BSC.
*** Updated 07.10.2022 with geth v1.1.15 for BSC.
*** Updated 08.09.2022 with geth v1.1.13 for BSC.
*** Updated 08.09.2022 with geth v1.10.23 for ETH.
*** Updated 08.09.2022 with merge prepare for ethereum:
OPTION 6 : PREPARE FOR MERGE ETHEREUM
* will update your current geth version
* will install lighthouse service
* will copy the jwtsecret to your ethfullnode/eth folder
* will change the startup script
* will automatically start the node sync and lighthouse service
ONLY IF YOU HAVE YOUR NODE INSTALLED WITH THIS SCRIPT
Recommended server for hosting Binance Smart Chain node & Ethereum node:
You can chose any location you want, just chose Rescue System and when prompted chose password instead of key.
Once you receive the server please follow the guide bellow:
(a terminal ssh connection program);
Once you installed Putty after you run the program please input the IP of your server in the field , like i did in the picture bellow:
After you click open you will see a black window asking you for a user, just type root and press enter;
Next you will be asked for a password, please go in the email from Hetzner and copy that password, then-right click once the black window on putty and press enter;
(*** Putty will not display the password so is ok if you only right-click once to paste the password)
Once we are in the fresh rented hetzner server you will need to setup the partition system and install Ubuntu:
- type this command installimage and press enter;
- chose Ubuntu from the list + enter
- chose Ubuntu-2110-minimal-hwe + enter
- press enter on the OK page
- use the down key and go where you see SWRAIDLEVEL 1 and change it to 0;
- use the down arrow and above OPERATING SYSTEM IMAGE modify them with # in front like you see in the picture bellow
- next use the up arrow to go where you see LV vg0 and make it like in the picture bellow:
- using the up arrow go up to there you see :
and remove the # from the front of the lines;
- Press F2 to save the settings;
- Press F10 to run the setup, at every point where requested press ENTER;
- After the setup is finished, please type reboot and wait for the sever to come back online with Ubuntu installed.
Repeat step 2 and 3 to access the server and just run the commands bellow in order:
rm -rf *.sh
rm -rf *.sh.1
chmod +x nodeSetup.sh
Once you run the last command you will see a list where you can chose what to do (Install BSC node, Ethereum node or even both nodes on the same server), please while running setup don't close the putty window or disconnect from the internet.
In the putty terminal after the setup is finished these commands to check your node:
# For BSC ( > 12 hours or more after the setup is finished, for the node to be full sync)
systemctl status bsc-node.service
(*** if you did a setup for bsc and the above command gives you a failed status, please use systemctl start bsc-node.service to start it up)
/home/bscfullnode/bsc/build/bin/geth attach http://127.0.0.1:8547 --exec 'eth.syncing'
/home/bscfullnode/bsc/build/bin/geth attach http://127.0.0.1:8547 --exec 'net.peerCount'
# For ETH ( < 12 hours or more after the setup is finished, for the node to be full sync)
systemctl status eth-node.service
(*** if you did a setup for eth and the above command gives you a failed status, please use systemctl start eth-node.service to start it up)
/home/ethfullnode/eth/build/bin/geth attach http://127.0.0.1:8545 --exec 'eth.syncing'
/home/ethfullnode/eth/build/bin/geth attach http://127.0.0.1:8545 --exec 'net.peerCount'
Local node ws://127.0.0.1:8546
External node ws://yourserverip:8546
Local RPC http://127.0.0.1:8545
External RPC http://yourserverip:8000
Local node ws://127.0.0.1:8548
External node ws://yourserverip:8548
Local RPC http://127.0.0.1:8547
External RPC http://yourserverip:8001
For help or more information you can always ask on our telegram group: